Chronicle: A Hero Rises
As the Guardians and Defiant assault Crucia's frozen citadel, she launches a vicious counter-attack against Tempest Bay. Take to metal and magic goliaths to battle her troops, airships, and a doomsday device that threatens the Ascended with permanent death.
Once you have completed Chronicle: A Hero Rises, blue Time Jump crystals will allow you to bypass the story scenes on subsequent visits.
Part 1: Sky Crash
Examine Neala Spark's wares. Move to the yellow circle to clear the mobs and destroy the door blocking your way out.
During this part you will see spheres dropped by some mobs. Clicking on one will grant you a temporary skill. You can only have one at a time. Clicking a different sphere overwrites the one you have.
- Red: Vindicator Cannon - Frontal cone attack that knocks enemies away.
- Blue: Defender Field - Allies within the area of effect are healed over time.
Part 2: City Hero
Talk to General Batua. Move to the Porticulum. Clear the mobs blocking your way and defeat Skythrax, then step into the yellow circle to continue.
- Sub-Boss: Skythrax
Defend Sergeant Vicks while he repairs the Porticulum.
Queen Miela emerges from the Porticulum and talks with Batua.
Move down into the Plaza and save as many Citizens as you can, then defeat the Stormwrath War Machine. He will create cannons and it may be wise to destroy them quickly.
- Save seven of the Citizens within the time limit to earn bonus Notoriety. To do this, grab all the mobs on one side, drag them to the middle mob, and use the Smoke Bomb to defeat them. Then grab all the mobs on the other side and defeat them. The enemies will vanish when the War Machine awakes.
- Sub-Boss: Stormwrath War Machine
Part 3: With Cannons Blazing
- White: Assault Boost - increase speed, protect allies from Crucia's Touch, allows you to cut through Stormwrath soldiers in your path. Just walk through the sphere to activate. While you are crackling, just run through the Storm Legion mobs to kill them instantly!
- Collect seven of the white spheres within the time limit to earn bonus Notoriety. To do this, run down one side only, do not double back, and run up the ramp hitting as many spheres as you can!
- Sub-Boss: Maelstrom
Use the Planar Doorway in Maelstrom's room to teleport to the monorail station.
Clear the path to Crucia's weapon. Clear the mobs blocking your way and proceed up the stairs.
Face the Storm Queen. She will monologue, then take off.
Hijack the Thunderclap frame
Beat the Assault Frame down to about 10% until it stops moving and stops taking damage. You must be close to the Assault Frame to get the Hijack temporary skill.
- Sub-Boss: Thunderclap Assault Frame
Use the Thunder Teleporter.
Part 4: Take Back the Skies
Move from landing to landing and destroy 5 Airships and the Eye of the Storm. You have only two skills to use.
- Weighted Uppercut - Melee-range ground-pounding AE damage with knockback. Use this to destroy Power Cores. Also works for knocking enemies off the platforms.
- Incineration Beam - Long-Range high-damage attack. Once locked on, the beam will shoot your target as long as you are facing it. Even in the middle of a jump you will hit your target! Use Recharging Pads to power up for stronger shots!
Watch for the following:
- Destroy cannons on the landing to find a green sphere that will heal you.
- Destroy the Airship's propellers (first few platforms).
- Recharging Pad charges your Incineration Beam for a powerful Plasma Ball. You just need to step on it or run across it, you do not need to stand still. This is the fastest way to take down the Eye of the Storm but you may take a lot of damage waiting to recharge.
- Shoot Stormwrath Iron Angels out of the air to reduce incoming damage.
- Destroy Power Cores to power down the cannons and enable the jump pad.
- Use the Jump Pads to move from landing to landing around the ship.
Once you have destroyed the Eye of the Storm you will get the Evacuate skill. Use it to return to the Plaza and collect your reward. This will be your second Chest.
- Boss: Eye of the Storm
- Items (11)Items (11)
- NPCs (84)NPCs (84)
- Screenshots (1)Screenshots (1)
|Soul of the Machine||Inventory|
|Broken Empyrean Stasis Field Generator||Inventory|
|Engineered Ring of Virtue||58||Ring|
|Frozen Tempest Bay Citizen||Inventory||Dimension|
|Hawkeye Belt of Infamy||58||Belt||Leather Armor|
|Hawkeye Chopper of Infinite Chains||58||One Hand||Axe|
|Hawkeye Tunic of Infamy||58||Chest||Leather Armor|
|Maelstrom's Clipped Wings||Inventory|
|Pure Crystallized Insight||50||Inventory||Consumable|
|Sylvan Mantle of Alteration||58||Shoulders||Cloth Armor|
- Add your commentAdd your comment
- Submit a screenshotSubmit a screenshot
- Suggest a videoSuggest a video
- Submit dataSubmit data
Simply type the URL of the video in the form below.
- Only YouTube videos are supported at this time.
You are not signed in. Please sign in to suggest a video.
Certain data may be submitted for approval here.
- Nothing to do here (yet)!